Guide of Asia Miles 2023 - Quickest Ways to earn Asia Miles
Asia Miles is a loyalty and frequent-flyer program launched by Cathay Pacific airline in 1999. It allows members to earn miles by taking flights, using credit cards on daily expenses and even some joint promotions with its partners like making restaurant reservations via OpenRice App. Due to the convenience of earning miles, it is the most popular frequent-flyer program in Hong Kong. Members can redeem the miles for flight tickets or other merchants.
You can join AsiaMiles by visit the Asia Miles website: Go to the official Asia Miles website and select "Sign up" on the top right corner of the page or Download Asia Miles App
How do I earn Asia miles in Hong Kong?
You can earn Asia Miles in Hong Kong by participating in the Asia Miles program and engaging in activities that are eligible for mileage earning. There are more than ten ways to earn Asia Miles and here are the top common ways:
1. Flying with Cathay Pacific and its partner airlines including American Airlines, British Airways, Qatar Airways, Qantas, Finnair, Air China, Air Canada, Gulf Air, Air New Zealand Fiji Airways, SriLankan Airlines, etc.
2. You can use a partner credit card for every purchase you make to earn miles. Nearly every bank issues at least one credit card that can earn miles through the earning ratio of a huge variety. Here is the comparison table. And we will also explain in detail in the paragraphs below.
- Staying at partner hotels for every night you stay at participating hotels including Sofitel, Holiday Inn, Hilton, and InterContinental Hotels Group.
- Renting a car with participating car rental companies, such as Avis, Budget, and Hertz.
- Dining in partnered restaurants and bars to earn extra miles apart from the miles you earn from the credit card when you check out.
- Booking travel packages or hotels from booking.com, hotels.com, agoda, trip.com, expedia, KKday, etc. Remember to enter your Asia Miles membership ID before the payment.
- Converting the points in the MoneyBack App into Asia Miles. Each 500 points in MoneyBack can be converted into 100 Asia Miles.
- Making restaurant reservation via OpenRice App can earn Asia Miles.
Which credit card earn highest asiamiles
The credit card that earns the highest Asia Miles may vary depending on your spending habits and travel preferences. Here are the credit cards in Hong Kong that offer highest earning potential for Asia Miles:
1. One of the easiest cards to use is Standard Chartered Cathay Mastercard. You can earn 1 Asia Miles for each HKD 4 eligible spending on dining and food delivery platforms and overseas spending. For most other local spending, you can earn 1 Asia Miles for each HKD 6 eligible spending. If you are spending on Cathay or HK Express products, you can earn 1 Asia Mile by just spending HKD 2!
Get up to 80,000 Miles as exclusive welcome gift!
2.Another easy card to use is BEA World Mastercard. You can earn 1 Asia Miles for each HKD 5 on any eligible local or overseas spending.
Get HKD 1,000 Apple Store/HKTV Mall/Supermarket coupon exclusive welcome gift!
3.Another popular Asia Mile Card is DBS Black World Mastercard. You can earn 1 Asia Miles for each HKD 4 overseas spending and HKD 6 local spending. Cardholder also entitle to another flight program of iGoRewards by DBS and enjoy 45% discount during redemption. Sometimes you can get even better deals! You also enjoy buy 4 get 1 free coffee every month.
Get up to HKD 1,000 Supermarket exclusive welcome gift
4.Citibank Prestige card suits high-income people who has more than HKD 600K annual income. You can earn 1 Asia Miles for each HKD 4 overseas spending and HKD 6 local spending. Most importantly, you got the 4th night free stay at any hotel if you stay for 4 night consecutively in the same hotel.
Get up to HKD 1,800 Apple Store/HKTV Mall/Supermarket coupon exclusive welcome gift!
5. If you do a lot of shopping in supermarket or by Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Citi Reward Card is best for you. You can earn 1 Asia miles for each HKD 3 spending!
Get HKD1,800 Apple Store/HKTV Mall/Supermarket coupon exclusive welcome gift!
There are more credit cards for people with different spending habits. Check this out!
What is the minimum amount of Asia miles required for a flight redemption? Here are some example for a round-trip ticket!
|China, South East Asia||15,000 - 20,000||32,000 - 50,000|
|New Zealand||60,000||130,000 - 140,000|
|Europe||60,000||130,000 - 140,000|
|Canada Toronto||60,000||130,000 - 140,000|
|USA West Coast||60,000||130,000 - 140,000|
|USA East Coast||84,000||170,000|
It is important to regularly check the Asia Miles website for the latest redemption rates and to ensure that you have sufficient Asia Miles for the flight you wish to redeem. Keep in mind that seat availability for award flights can be limited, so it is advisable to book your award flight in advance.
It is also important to note that the number of Asia Miles required for a flight redemption may be subject to change, so it is a good idea to regularly check the Asia Miles website for the latest redemption rates.
Yes, you have to pay the surcharge fee and all the tax of the flights.
- You can use cash + Asia Miles when redeem card
- You can buy Asia Miles in the account
- You can ask your friends transfer Miles to you
- You can redeem the Asia Miles from your credit card points
Yes, you can but subject to conditions. You have to register your affiliates in the Asia Miles account first and the limit is 5 people. Also, you cannot change within 6 months.
The time it takes for your Asia Miles to be credited to your account can vary depending on the activity that earned the miles and the partner airline, hotel, or retailer. Generally, Asia Miles are credited to your account within 4-6 weeks after the activity has been completed.
For example, if you fly with Cathay Pacific or a partner airline, your Asia Miles will typically be credited to your account within 4-6 weeks after the flight has been taken. If you stay at a partner hotel, your Asia Miles will typically be credited to your account within 2-4 weeks after your stay has been completed.
It is important to regularly check your Asia Miles account to ensure that your miles have been credited accurately and in a timely manner. If you do not see your miles credited within the expected timeframe, you can contact Asia Miles customer service for assistance.
How can I check my Asia miles balance?
You can check your Asia Miles balance by following these steps:
1. Visit the Asia Miles website or App: Go to the official Asia Miles website and log in to your account.
2. View your account summary: Once you are logged in, your account summary will be displayed, including your Asia Miles balance and recent earning and redemption activity.
3. Check your recent transactions: To view a detailed list of your recent transactions, click on the "Account Details" tab. This will show you a list of your recent earning and redemption activity, as well as any pending transactions.
You can also check your Asia Miles balance by calling the Asia Miles customer service hotline.
It is important to regularly check your Asia Miles balance to ensure that your miles have been credited accurately and to keep track of your earning and redemption activity.
The expiration date of Asia Miles depends on the policies of the Asia Miles program. According to the Asia Miles program terms and conditions, miles will not expire as long as there is earning or redemption activity in the account. This means that as long as you earn or redeem Asia Miles at least once every 36 months, your miles will remain valid and will not expire. However, it is always a good idea to regularly check the Asia Miles website for the latest program terms and conditions, as policies and expiration dates can change over time.